Monday, October 13, 2008

Sweet Lula Bear turns 8.

It is unbelievable to me at times how life runs by so so fast and you never think it will ever slow.

It's hard to imagine that it has been 8 years since this precious little girl was born. Her hospital room faced the most gorgeous forest of maple and oak trees at their peak in a beautiful time of year in Michigan. I remember being so disappointed when visitors came. I wanted her and that serenity all to myself!! I just absolutely loved holding her, looking out the window and hearing her little kitty-cat-like cries and just feeling like it was just her and I in this world and nothing else would ever matter again. There are still times I hold her and love the peace and serenity she brings. She has that way about her. She can feel if someone is hurting and just knows how to make it better. It is my favorite thing about her. This picture above is a bathtub shaving kit for little boys. She has looked at it for years at a local toy store we visit a lot and it was the one thing she asked for for her birthday. I was thinking to myself "that toy is too young for her, why would she want that?" And quickly realized one of her favorite things to do is sit on the sink next to her dad and watch him shave. Sometimes you forget with the youngest one that they are still young. You just lump them in to whatever the older one is doing. But I forget, she is only in the 2nd grade, only 8 years old, and her world is still quite little.


My mom and dad came down. This year was a "family only" birthday.
Just us celebrating just her.
Birthday parties can be sooooo over-rated.
We had a blast.
Presents. Dinner at Red Robin with a fancy drink of her choice. Movie at the BRAND NEW HUGE movie theatre...."Beverly Hills Chihuahua"
Haven't you just been DYING to see that??? But when its their birthday, they see the movie they want to see!!!! Actually it was pretty cute and def. worth RENTING.






Sister lovin'......And a hershey bar for the movie.
I love these girls. So much tonight my heart is feeling achy!!!
Blessed, Blessed, Blessed is how I feel.....
Happy Birthday Lulabear!!

3 comments:

Beth October 14, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

She looks so grown up! I remember when she was born too.....she was a life savior in a hard time! Just holding a sweet baby reminds you of what life is really about! She is a sweetie! Both the girls look so big and beautiful.

Desire of Great Love October 14, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

I can't believe she's 8 already!!! She's so beautiful :)
Both of the girls are :)
Tell her we said Happy Birthday and that we love & miss both the girls (& you two as well) so much!
*smooches & hugs to everyone*

Our Family October 14, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

okay...that corner of your house seriously reminds me of maxine. i know i've said it before but i can't get over it.

i also can't believe how LOOOONG your girls are. they both look about 5 feet tall laying there next to your mom. i remember my 8th birthday as clear as ever...so weird to have your baby grow so fast.