Monday, November 3, 2008

In the car...

Our road trip was one of the parts I looked most forward to. As some of you know, we were preparing for the ULTIMATE road trip to Telluride, CO this summer. I dreamed about driving out west. I went with my family when I was young. We bought a Chrysler Town and Country. The FIRST year they came out. All 6 of us spent 26 hours in that van and I still remember the wonderful time we had. It is one of the most vivid memories I have of traveling as a kid. But we had to unfortunately cancel our vacation because of Matt's pneumonia and the dumbest part was that I was most sad about missing the car ride!!!! So needless to say, we really did this one up. Stops at Starbucks whenever we felt like it, waited to get to Tennessee to eat so we could eat at a Backyard Burger, and breakfast on the way home at Cracker Barrel. There was another family staying in our condo who left their home at 3:00 in the morning. They go to bed early that night with the van packed up, then get the kids up and put them in the car while the dad drives. Then they wake up around 7:30, stop at Cracker Barrel and have only about 8 hours of the trip left! We did that on the way home and it was PERFECT!!



Lulabear did a LOT of reading. She loves to read.


Chlobug listened to her ipod most of the way!



I drove the first half to Nashville, and Matt drove the second half to Gulf Shores!!





I caught up with some podcasts and read lots of really really important magazines like "In Touch", "OK", "People" and "Life and Style"....my vacation indulgences!!!









Here is a picture RIGHT when we got home Sunday evening!!
This girl was HAPPY to be home!!!
And so were we....but loved every second. We were talking and we realized that this was the first vacation we have ever taken just the four of us. We didn't go visit anyone, we didn't travel with anyone...just us...
We were trying to figure out how to really accomplish this every year. Our issue isn't really money...we can do these vacations really cheap if you work hard enough. The issue was time. How to break up Matt's vacation time and fit in all of the visits to family since we live out of town. We committed this to prayer and you know what? As a part of Matt's review at work just this week, they gave him ANOTHER WEEK'S VACATION!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!

7 comments:

Desire of Great Love November 3, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

what awesome vacay pics! Thank you so much for sharing them :) I loved seeing them so much!

I'm so glad you all had a great time, and how awesome is the extra week the church gave you guys? That ROCKS!!!

[[hugs to you all]]

Beth November 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM  

Oh my gosh.....you did about a hundred posts all while I was still painting! I love all the pictures of the vacation it looks so fun and relaxing! It sounds good right about now! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Love you guys!

Krista November 4, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

wow, i just got all caught up! love the pics! so glad you had a great week! i LOVE it there!!

Kim November 9, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

I swear you are all glowing. It's so awesome you were all able to get away as a family of 4.

That's amazing what happened with matt's work and the extra week! He's a pretty cool God, that one.

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

I miss you guys!

Our Family November 13, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

what a wonderful trip...i can just feel the stress melting away, picture by picture.

caroline and i were looking at them and she noticed that she has the same owl pj's and bandana bathing suit. she wants me to take her picture a blog it to evalee and chloe:)

Shannon December 3, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Oh I found you just today! I hope you don't mind. I LOVE your pics of FL and all your posts. So I just can't miss out ;)! Love ya, Shan