Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blogging is so Beautiful.....I wish mine was prettier.

I'm just simply not cool. I'm not creative. I'm not innovative and that is allright by me. I enjoy soooo many blogs of people who are cool. Here they are:

Ms. Fox......could her blog page be any more....I don't know.....like you just want to reach out and touch it? What is that word....um....tactile(y) appealing?

And this one....makes me want to have another kid and take lots of close-ups so I don't miss a thing.

And Katie....like who has that much talent with color that YOU know?

And this gal.....when she writes her day out, it makes me feel things. Some fun feelings and some sad feelings. And when the words are gathered together with a picture thrown in, it feels like some really great art to me....

And her....I've seen her creativity in action. It involves moving furniture, drilling holes in floors, and I must say....she is the best creative MacGyver there ever was. The things that girl can do with crap from salvation army makes me swoon.

And this girl....besides being the best friend a person could ask for and taking amazing pictures, she can take a paint color and change your world with it.......always always always ask her for advice on paint colors. Seriously.

And my new friend...she makes babies and little girls cuter than ever with material and thread.

This expectant friend can do things with photo shop we can only dream of doing....

and there are so many more I've missed.....

I have to admit. I live my life sorta through their coolness, innovative ideas and creativity. When I read their blogs, and feast my eyes on what they offer, it reminds me of why I love blogging and how it makes me happy. It also has done a lot of other amazing things....but enjoying others' gifts is one of the big plusses.

And I know my cheesy PYZAM candy cane layout with a picture of my girls that doesn't even fit in the box and a title you can't read looks like crap.

But I don't care what the critics say.

They can nay say all they want.

Blogging is for me.

9 comments:

pwdrd donuts December 11, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

But you make awesome cookies!

Carin December 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

no nay sayin' here...

thanks for the shout out :o)

I am touched.

and smiling...at the memory of matt and me repositioning the cable so the furniture could be rearranged...ok, now I am laughing. hard. remember the piece of my couch we called the pie? matt and I didn't want it in there, but I believed you insisted it stay...

mmmmmm...good times. sticky cinnamon rolls exploding in our stomachs, good coffee, and lots of laughing. ;) that smiley was in honor of aldi's winking owl wine.
hahahahahahaha

Desire of Great Love December 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

I don't know what you're talking about... your blog is so perfect- and the picture of your girls fits when I visit your page. My blog template isn't my own either, and I wasted DAYS trying to find the perfect one :P
You're too hard on yourself... just know that I LOVE catching up on your life when you blog and I come to your page to read about you & your family and to miss you bunches & bunches.

You're a sweet part of my life that I desperately miss on a daily basis...
Love you hun!

The Liller Family December 12, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

Well, yours is WAAYYY cooler than mine - I haven't changed my template in the 2 1/2 years I've had it - and I have no idea how to do it anyway without erasing or jumbling everything!

Anyway, since we don't see each other much - it's a great way to keep up with you all! (and I happen to LOVE the candy canes and the sweet pic of your girls!)

Beth December 12, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

With a voice like yours.....who cares about creativity, which by the way you have plenty of anyway!

Two Kids and a Mommy December 12, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

I don't even know how to get the candy canes on the back of my background...so you got one up on me....thanks for the plug girl...love ya

hdbl December 13, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Cracking up....thinking also of impromptu hair salons with you and amy on beth's lawn or in the hotel in chicago....not just macgyver of decorating....hairdresser macgyver..I can see it now:

we don't need a pair of scissors. just take that disposable razor, chip off all the plastic and use the razor part....that'll work....

Our Family December 13, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

what a quirky bunch we all are...makes me smile.

Krista December 15, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

amen katie!
and i love the candy canes...
and you.

word verification: grate

no shest.