Friday, December 19, 2008

Celine. That's it. Just Celine.

I have been working like a mad woman lately. Seriously I counted up that I have sung a total of 82 hours in the studio since three and a half weeks ago. I finished the marathon on Wed. evening with 6 piano students til 8:30 p.m. and I had every intention of just finally finally settling down. I was looking forward to this:

But late that evening after I had put the house back together from the crazy three weeks of being out of it, I grabbed a blanket and beer and it wasn't 10 minutes into my fire gazing that Chlobug came down. A stomach virus had invaded our home. I had already watched Matt lay in bed for the entire weekend before, and It was one of those moments where you have to stop, thank God it is a stomach bug and not something horribly worse, and remind yourself that life isn't about you when you're a mom. So....the Thursday and Friday that I had spent the last month in the studio dreaming about was going to be filled with taking care of sick ones. I was exhausted and disappointed. HOWEVER. I sat on the couch yesterday and for one hour watched the british version of the Christmas Carol with her, gazed at her while she watched T.V. in awe of her eyes; the length of her lashes, and the shape of her mouth, much like I did that first night I held her in the hospital. I thought about how much I loved her so much more now. How much we had been through together considering what a Guinea Pig that poor first child was. And I thanked God for this day. This day that didn't give me what I thought I wanted but gave me what I needed. Her.

And so, today, I sent her to school, made beds, folded laundry, lit a chrismasy evergreen candle, made up my mom's receipe of Sugar Cookies (w/ lemon extract...my fav.!!) and then received a REALLY fun phone call. My dear friend Karen is taking me to Ruth's Chris Sunday night for drinks and dinner and then......to see..........HER:

(photo courtesy of google images)

So...who needs days at home with laundry and cleaning and wrapping when dressing in fancy high heels, sipping martinis, eating steaks, and gazing at Celine from the 10th row of a concert you have always dreamed of seeing awaits you Sunday night.....

I really hope she smacks her chest and points in the air once for me......

I'll keep you posted....

Until then

5 comments:

Krista December 19, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

yea! excited for you....how stinking fun....even if it IS celine.....kidding. ;)

Our Family December 19, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

i'd say that's a pretty big reward!

you've earned it. you really have. i don't know how you do it these days but i'm impressed. i'm learning something from it.

hdbl December 19, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

ummm.....its called 40$ an hour. Shoot, I'd turn tricks for that kind of money. So whats a little singing, huh?

hahahahahaha!!!!!!

pwdrd donuts December 20, 2008 at 4:59 AM  

While you're out with Celine, I'll be home with the kids...Ooohing and Ahhing at their long lashes and the shapes of their mouths...

Beth December 20, 2008 at 6:13 AM  

With a replacement friend like that.......who needs me? lol! You lucky dog you are going to have a really nice time and you deserve it.....sit back and enjoy!