Saturday, February 28, 2009

He's leaving...I'm happy...I'm sad

My brother is a great person.
He is a great friend.
He is a constant source of stability in my life.
The effects of the economy were one of the reasons Matt and I left Michigan.
Now my brother is the next one.
He is an Acoustical Engineer with General Motors and has been
trying to get out for some time now.
He did it.
He will be working at a company who makes hearing aids.
He is thrilled with the idea of using his knowledge and talent to help other people.
He is excited.
However...he has lived in Michigan all his life, only 30 minutes from my parents.
All 41 years of it.
And now he is moving here:
Colorado Springs, Colorado.
And although it is a 22 hour drive,
IT IS BEAUTIFUL.
Sure beats Clarkston, Michigan.
But today, I am thrilled for him and their new life but will miss him like crazy.
I love him and hate that he'll be so far away.
But I am thankful God has provided a great job and a beautiful place to live...
We will see each other a little less but am thankful for things like
FACEBOOK!
Blogs!
CellPhones!
They make the leaving much easier...
Anyway. Just wanted to get that off my heart.




6 comments:

Gberger February 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

I am sorry for the sense of loss you have. I pray for hope to fill your heart, as well as comfort, & must say, I can't help feeling thankful that he has what sounds like such a wonderful opportunity ahead of him, in SUCH a beautiful state.

Beth February 28, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

I konw you are happy for them but it must be hard too. You will still be close it will just take more of an effort and it will look different then it does now. You have a great family you will make it work.

One good thing it looks like a great place for your family to visit!

I will be praying for your brother and his family.

By the way this early week is looking good......I will call you tomorrow!

RachelRLake March 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Its crazy that they'll be living by me....I haven't lived this close to family in like 8 years!!

You should come visit...it's not only beautiful here, but there's fun stuff to do. The hiking here will kick your bootay!

Its hard though, having people move is never easy....

love you

pwdrd donuts March 15, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

I'm so happy for them... so so happy. And hey, new vacay spot!

Beth March 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Heather your brothers family is cute and all but I'm sick of looking at them I want to see some photos with your new camera!

Get to it girl.......put your laundry down and get to it!

Missing YOU!

Angie Seaman April 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Heather, great to hear from you girl. Thanks for signing my blog tonight. I truly, truly, appreciate the support. Hope all is going well for you and yours. Yes, we really do need to get together. That would be great fun. I told Nicole Amsler we should all do breakfast or lunch one day. Meeting you two in person would be grand! :)

Hugs, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com/
www.agdprayerblog.blogspot.com/