Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For Carin...

Spending lots more time here lately. Sometimes you just can't sleep after a long day at work. And whenever I'm laying there soaking it in....I think of Carin and the hundreds or maybe even thousands of baths she has taken in her lifetime.



And while I'm laying there...I'm also reading this, taking deep breaths and giving it all to God, reciting the entire "Serenity Prayer":
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.


Anyone want some serentity?
I'll loan out my bathtub for free.....

9 comments:

Beth February 25, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

That does look like serenity.....I'm on my way:) That really does look inviting and beautiful. You need to take more pictures of your beautiful house and keep blogging. I'm loving seeing a window into your home:)

Gberger February 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Thank you for posting the rest of the prayer. It's uncommon to get to the rest of it, and it's GOOD.
May you find the peace you are seeking. What a lovely place to rest and refresh. God bless you.

pwdrd donuts February 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

*one day at a time
*accepting hardship
*not as I would have it
*trusting
*IF I surrender
*supremely happy with You

pwdrd donuts February 25, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

And I'm glad that my initial is on top since I put clothes on your back, food in your belly, a roof over your head, blah, blah, blah...

KDV February 26, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

I'll be right over! Believe me, I NEED serenity! Love you and miss you! xox

Carin February 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

yeah, but she sweeps your crumbs, matt. i'm just sayin'. so maybe hers should be on top...

oh, I loved this post. laughed at the hundreds if not thousands of baths I've taken in my lifetime.

sometimes, I come home on my lunch, just to take a bath.

I'm serious.

Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

When I come to Indy will you draw a bath for me?

RachelRLake February 26, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

SERENITY NOW!!!!!
(I hope you watch Seinfield and get that reference)

I'll take some freakin' serenity though....might be a bit of a long trip for me to take though :o)

Desire of Great Love March 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

ugh. i am so jealous. that is absolutely gorgeously inviting.