Friday, April 24, 2009

A Quiet spot...





I needed some quiet.
It's wierd that you don't know you need it till it comes.
And then, it washes over you and you can....breathe.
I've really longed to hear God lately.
He's seemed too quiet.
I prayed off and on for the distance to shorten between us.
And in walks this chair.
I was making coffee (eight 0'clock columbian my new and cheap fave)
and noticed a flurry of cars just past the cul-de-sac.
I HATE garage sales.
But I know the lady who was doing this one and she is a CLEAN freak.
I mostly hate garage sales because of a small issue with germs.
(some of you recall a couch someone took from the side of the road that was infested with lice.)
Anyway, I thought as I grabbed my checkbook and ran out the door how silly it was to walk in with checks. I never buy things at garage sales!
And then I saw it.
Beth had a rocker like this from Sams and I recall going back SEVERAl times to try to get one.
I love upholstered rocking chairs.
This one:
~perfect condition
~pottery barn
~rocked only babies in and then hardly ever sat it
~neutral
~slip-coverable
~most importantly: REALLY COMFY and only FIFTY BUCKS.
I pulled out my checkbook, wrote the check and this warm spring morning have sat quietly in it listening to birds, feeling the breeze, reading, drinking from my FAVE mug bought at a newly rediscovered awesome store called Anthropologie.
And as always, my favorite quiet partner by my side.
Yesterday was one of those wierd days that make you want to crawl under a rock and never again have to face people and the world.
But today, my chair, my dog, my mug, God's breeze, and His spirit quietly refreshed me.
Here's to non-lice-infested-50 buck-garage-sale-serenity.....

6 comments:

Tara April 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Just found your blog! Love it and love your pictures. I just got a Canon EOS 40D for Christmas and am loving taking pictures with it!
Have a lot to learn!

I will be back...great purchase on the chair!

pwdrd donuts April 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

So excited about this new addition. We'll definitely have to call it "your chair." And yes, I saw how many pics of Mimi you've added to the camera.

Beth April 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

So glad you caved to the garage sale......I love them and this FIND is why! Glad today was good! My day was too! No garage sale just a movie with Andrew and his class and swimming after school:)

Missed you today!

Desire of Great Love April 24, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

it's beautiful...

Our Family April 26, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

love that feeling...all of them.

the chair.

the coffee.

the store.

sounds heavenly.

Carin May 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

hahaha
whatEVER!
I miss my couch...had to part with it.
love these pics...wish I were sitting there now, laughing and sipping coffee, I mean BEER.