Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Older.


I turned 36 last Friday and I see myself in pictures and wonder where the time has gone. I was alone in my kitchen and pretending to be some model but all I ended up with was a wrinkly top lip. This is me in my 36 year old glory. But you know, there are some really great things about getting older:

1. I don't worry about dumb stuff as much
2. I love Matt in a much much deeper way.
3. I don't worry about money nearly as often
4. I don't change diapers OR buckle carseats anymore.
5. I have a deeper appreciation for the institution of the family by enjoying mine soo much as they begin to feel and think and have opinions of their own
6. I have a deeper and greater respect for my mom and dad.
7. My boobs have gotten bigger as I've aged....that's a plus
8. I've conquered a mammogram
9. I've set some really important goals and met them.
10. I feel more inclined to meet the ones I haven't met as an urgency of time comes upon one when they age.
11. I don't expect as much out of life in a good way.

Its been a really really good 36 years.

7 comments:

Gberger May 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Happy Birthday! You look sassy and beautiful. It's good that you are taking note of what you're learning, and sharing it with others here. God bless you.

The Liller Family May 13, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Age Smage - you look FABULOUS!!! AND, you're younger than me! But yes, age definitely gives you a different perspective on things, some good some bad, but good all the same!

Carin May 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

my boobs have gotten bigger with age, too.

Beth May 15, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

My boobs have gotten bigger too....but so has my weight! Oh well you look great sister:)

Love YOU!

pwdrd donuts May 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Only thing bigger on me... my awesomeness.

Katie Bautz May 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

haha...i hope my boobs get bigger with age

Desire of Great Love May 23, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

meh... I hope mine don't get bigger w/ age... yikes!
I already have enough to pass around :P

I hope you had a fabulous birthday... you look absolutely spectacular- I'm so proud of you :)
<3 you!