Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Six Service Marathon

It's 10:53

I have not wrapped one single present.
I just got home from rehearsal for our christmas eve services.
Let me count the times:
10:30 12:00 1:30 3:00 4:30 6:00
How silly is that.
Matt and I must be there at 8:30 and prob. won't get home til around 7:30 ish tomorrow night, where my mother-in-law will have pizza waiting.
Then we have all of our Christmas eve traditions to squeeze in before bed and then you know what happens after bed.....Santa....Santa is so much work but the magic is worth it.
I'm so tired already.
Between services I plan on taking my journal and journaling memories of Christmas as a child and trying not to think about all of the work I have to do Christmas Eve evening and cooking I have to do all day Christmas day.
So...
The Christmas Eve Service Marathon starts tomorrow.
Wish me luck.
And that I'm still nice by noon on Christmas day.
Until then,
Merry Christmas....

5 comments:

Krista December 23, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

ugh. sorry, that's just crazy!

Gberger December 23, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

I pray that the Spirit will infuse you with quiet strength, joy and a spark of that Love that endures all things...
I believe that He will accomplish what is set before you, with you and through you, as He seems to love to do. He is able to use whatever you bring, isn't He?...and to bless you as you offer it to Him and for Him, and for His people, who are seeking Him. You can do all things through Him...through His Love. I pray you will find rest in that Love tonight, tomorrow, Christmas day and always...Thank you for your prayers for us. THANK YOU. Merry Christmas!

Krista December 23, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

....i totally meant to say what Karen above said. which sounds so much better than....'ugh'.
:)
Merry Christmas.

Beth December 24, 2008 at 5:49 AM  

Oh to be back at NCC! Remember just one service there! I will pray for you! Love You and Missing you! Remember Christmas Eve 1999! We will never forget it!

See You Soon! Merry CHRISTmas!

Desire of Great Love December 24, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

wow... you've got a busy day ahead of you GF.
I hope you remember lots of fond memories so you can fill up your journal :)
Hope you enjoy every minute of all your busy-ness tomorrow.
Love & miss you lots,
me :)