Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WORK WORK WORK

Winter brings lots of things.
One new thing it has brought last year and this is A LOT of work.
I am grateful for the money.
I am grateful for the opportunity.
Iam thankful to be doing something that I love MOST of the time.
HOWEVER.
I miss being the stay at home mom.
I miss not having to stress if my kids are sick....just call the school and tell them they're not coming and fire up the chicken noodle soup. Now its...crap. I can't call now. It's too late. How sick are they? Can someone take care of them and not get their family sick? How long could she survive at school with Motrin? Can Matt skip that meeting?....noo....not really. etc. etc. etc. etc.
I miss looking forward to snow days and two hour delays.....just sleep in, make a fire, play games and invite neighbors over for hot chocolate. Now its...crappity crap crap crap. Where can I farm them out where they can get on the bus here in the neighborhood for that hour between when I leave and when they get on the bus.....Who can watch them all day and have two more kids in their house while they are suffering from their OWN version of cabin fever....and on and on and on.
I miss looking forward to winter dinners. I love to cook in the winter. But when you roll in around 5:30 or 6:00....you start to dig for those Chick-fil-a coupons or nuggets from the freezer...
Granted. This isn't forever. A lot of it goes away come May. BUT in the meantime, I have to know that others would kill for the security of a little extra money to stash away or just to survive off of. I need to be thankful. And I am. Just missing that designation....the one I never thought I'd be:
Stay-at-home-mom.

4 comments:

Carin January 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

girl, I feel ya.

sucks, I must say.

smiling...remembering those days...in your snowman room off your kitchen with your weak seattle's best...

:o)

love you

Beth January 28, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

Wish I was there to get your kids on the bus.....or better yet the snow man room sounds pretty good right about now.

Missing YOU!

Gberger January 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

I am sorry that you are feeling torn. It's so hard when you are "homesick" at work, yet still feeling fortunate to HAVE work. Conflict in the heart is hard to weather.
Sending prayers for peace of heart for you and your loved ones.

hdbl January 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

ahhhh Carin and Beth in the snowman room TOGETHER!! What a treat that would be. However, I have fun new rooms here that beg a few friends, coffee, and maybe WINE!

Come see me!